Tuesday 25 November 2008

The new job!

As written before, in the end of July I left the previous company I was working on along with other engineers. I started searching for a job back then but the construction market crisis didn't help.

One month later, in the end of August, I was decided to work on anything at all as long as I would get some money, in the meanwhile I could search for a job on my area.
I contacted a recruitment agency and the next day I got a phone call asking me if I wanted to start working in one hour from then - on a food/drinks distribution company, unloading alcohol into the bars. I thought it would even be a good idea, I would get to know the nice bars around town and travel a lot :)

As I was getting to the building I was supposed to get to I got another phone call, from another recruiter. This time it was a nicer job and I was supposed to start the next day - and so I did!
I got to know that day that I got the job because of a very very nice reference given to me by my previous boss, I was glad to know that :)

That was more than two months ago, I'm now working in Edinburgh in one of the best companies I could possibly want. Why is it that good? Because it's on the area I want, it's not too big so what I do really matters, I'm doing a lot of varied stuff and most of all, the projects are great!!!

Here are some examples:


The Unicorn - a warship of the Napoleonic era, needs some conservation works (the structure is just like working on a wooden house turned upside down!)



St. John's Church - we're adding a visitors centre



Sir Walter Scott's House - conservation works on the house of the most famous Scott of all times!



And by the last but not the least...

Rosslyn Chapel - conservation works and construction of a visitors centre




And yes, this is THE Rosslyn Chapel, the one from the Da Vinci Code! :)

No comments: