Tuesday 25 November 2008

Mariazinha

Eight months after getting to Scotland I finally had my first visit from a friend (ie not belonging to the family)

Isabel, or as I call her, Maria, arrived to Glasgow in a mid-September Wednesday.

Not having planned it, she got to Glasgow during the "Glasgow Open Doors Day" week - several buildings are opened to the public, along with some other cultural events.

Thursday, after having visited some things I had planned for her in Glasgow, she met me close to where I now work for her late birthday present - a ticket for Flashdance, the Musical!
It was much better than I thought, a great way to spend an evening :)




Over the next days we did some more interesting things, here's a preview of what "you" may expect of you come visit me in Glasgow!

My favourite restaurant




A Ceilidh




A church with live music, that is, there was a known guy playing the organ!




Maria told me that she had to see one of those typical Scottish castles in a loch while here. So I took her to one!

I chose Kilchurn Castle, on Loch Awe - about one and a half hour distance from Glasgow.

I first saw that castle in February, here's a pic I took then.


And here are the pics I took now.












Those were five great days in Bonnie Scotland! :)

No comments: